So I have finally decided to admit to myself that I am sick and should start acting like it. I've been staying out pretty late most nights and it has resulted in my inability to hear anything and a nose that runs like the Nile.
the past couple of days have been pretty low-key because of this (after feeling sorry for myself and being homesick all day, I slept for 15 hours yesterday!) but still I almost passed out in my Photo class! Which would have been totally embarrassing because everyone in there is Austrian or German and therefore has gelled hair and a matching Valentino scarf and handbag.
Speaking of- I started my classes Monday. The Photo class is the definition of a waste of time, which really bums me out. In St. Louis, the Photo 1 class gets to rent out 35 mm cameras and learn all the technicalities of using them while taking a ton of pictures each week. But here, you have to use your own camera (which I don't have) and it is all about like... what looks good or something. Who knows, we have spent the past two classes talking about whether photography can compare to other mediums as an art form. there is a fat chance that this teacher is going to be the one to convince me so. As Charly (German-classmate-who-looks-like-jared-leto-man) said very very accurately, "what a load of nonsense."
BUT, on the other hand, my Art Theory and Criticism class should be pretty cool. The teacher is this artsy older woman who wears a lot of long skirts and jewelery, and who has a reputation of being very hard. There are only six people in the class, including me. It's discussion central and we'll just be reading reviews and talking about what makes or breaks them, reading art magazines, and all that. I usually have pretty little patience with art mumbo-jumbo, but maybe I can understand what the hell anyone is even talking about at White Flag after this class.
Tonight my roommate Nidya is taking Sarah and me to some BMW car show or something, which should be an experience I won't relive very often. Wish me luck on convincing people I am not just there for the free food!
You are too funny. Pig out on the free food. These people don't know you. Go for it!
ReplyDeleteI told you rich roommates are the best!! Have fun with free food and pretending like you know something about cars!
ReplyDeleteIf they gave you a free car, I'll pay to ship it home.
ReplyDelete